Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rubies!

So I just got these beautiful man-made rubies. What are man-made rubies? These are identical to natural rubies except instead of being mined from the Earth, these were created in a lab. They have the same physical characteristics (hardness, color, crystal formation)-- it would take an expert to distinguish a natural-found ruby from natural man-made one.

(Check out the article in the June issue of Art Jewelry magazine too)
http://www.artjewelrymag.com/en/Magazine/Current%20Issue.aspx

These cute little Ruby Flower Drop Earrings are for sale at Spindle in Seattle--check them out!
She also has lots of cute items for yourself and your home!
http://www.spindleshop.com/



The great thing about these stones--they cost less than a found ruby but you get great quality--amazing clarity and color, plus the environment isn't destroyed searching for these!

These are little Ruby Jacks. As soon as I get my home studio up and running (I figure later this month)-- I'll make another pair to post on Etsy! I also have a matching Ruby Flower Drop Necklace in the works!