Sunday, November 21, 2010

New materials, New projects!


So I finally decided to try out some of those epoxy resins with my jewelry. I love the colors that are available--they remind me of hard candies!

(Sorry for the yellow-looking pictures-- it's freezing over here so that means taking pictures indoors)
Instead of finishing one project and moving to a new project-- I've been starting lots of little projects and not finishing anything! I have so many new ideas-- I want to try a little bit of everything.

The silver I use is fine silver (sterling for the ear wires). This resin stuff is so much fun and I love the endless array of colors you can create, but boy, this stuff can get messy! You really have to be patient too-- some of this stuff can take a few days to completely dry.

I can't decide if I like a matte finish (sanded) or glossy finish better! I go back and forth-- now everything is back to glossy.

More pictures to come!